The mission of the Veterans Action Network is to engage in the political and policy process at the local, state, and federal level to hold elected officials responsible for how the US government wages war, and how it provides the proper support to veterans afterwards. Additionally we seek to engage veterans and the public in political action on veterans’ issues and matters of war.
For too long our elected officials have been all to eager to enter conflicts that they do not commit to winning. To make matters worse, returning servicemen and women are then faced with the deplorable healthcare provided by the VA. It is time to make the voices of veterans heard, to educate the public, and to send a clear message to Washington: Fight to win, or not at all, and keep your promises to those who sacrificed.
The Veterans Action Network fulfills its mission to hold elected officials responsible and educate the public through several key activities:
1) Building a grassroots network of activists willing to help in the fight.
2) Identifying and building relationships with legislators in Washington who are willing to do the right thing.
3) Identifying, contacting, and making public the actions of those in Washington who continue to do the wrong thing.
4) Interfacing with the VA and other agencies to express the needs of veterans and active-duty servicemen and women.
5) Educating the public through earned media, by proxy through key legislators, on social media, and other messaging platforms.